Being stuck inside is not an excuse for not making the effort with your partner. Heck! You probably have more time to make an effort and you are saving so much time by not going anywhere! Now is the time to get creative, rekindle your affection for one another and connect on a deeper level without the distractions of our previously normal hyper crazed world of the past. Today I’m going to share with you super easy, affordable and fun (some could be downright hilarious) ideas for date nights at home. Kids optional.
- The ultra classic romantic dinner at home. Try and cook together so you can chat and take your time making food to nourish your body and soul. Perhaps you try a new recipe or you stick with an old favorite. Either way, do it together without any distractions like phones or work. We have been using meal kits which help us get out of our comfort zones, and definitely trumps my standard pasta and sauce fare, but you can just find any recipe that you want to try and cook it together. Remember to set the table, light a candle, use the fancy napkins and dress up a little. Who is more important to you that your partner? No-one. Make them feel special and show them that you are making an effort.
- Get outside in whichever way that means for you. For us we have a small balcony that we can sit on, have a glass of wine, and watch the outside world. You may have some outdoor space or you may need to drive to find it. Do what you can. It’s soul-essential.
- Learn a new skill together whether this is going through a course like MasterClass or listening to a podcast or watching YouTube videos to learn something together. It’ll be informative, hilarious and useful! You’ll probably learn something new about your partner as well.
- Mediate together. Meditation is so valuable for each of us and it can be surprisingly soothing and comforting to do it together. By both of you doing it, there’s an element of accountability and the benefits of meditation include feeling calm, more in control of your emotions and more zen in general can be very powerful amidst a global pandemic.
- Whip out the board games and get those competitive juices flowing! It’s not every day that we have this forced down time to do activities that are often associated with relaxing, in our every day lives. Games bring out a different side of your partner and hone in on strategic and critical thinking skills that are very useful in life. Plus they are downright fun and a great way to spend an evening! If you don’t have any boardgames, a pack of cards work just fine to get you in the mood!
- Channel your inner child! Something as simple as side walk chalk, blowing bubbles, or having a dance party are great stress relievers and expression of creative spirit. Children are no doubt affected by this pandemic as well but their innocence protects them and helps them get lost in play instead of lost in the weight of the world.
- And if you still need help with things to say to each other (definitely no shame in that!) then try some conversation cards. These little power houses have thought provoking questions that can lead you down a rabbit hole with your partner and help you get to know each other on a deeper level. Hopefully you will laugh along the way!
So how it’s your turn – I would love to hear from you what your favorite activities are to do at home for date night. There are so many good ideas so share in the comments to share the love!
Until next time, take care.
Take Charge to Create Your Dream Life Private Facebook Group:
Sign up for TUBE BUDDY to help you get on track with your videos!
Use code “juliefern” to sign up!
Use Flodesk to create the MOST beautiful emails with their simple, easy to use program. Sign up here: https://flodesk.com/c/L8D93S
Equipment I use all the time for Video and Photography:
Canon 70D Camera
Box Lighting Set-up
SanDisk 128GB Extreme
Remote for camera: